Saturday, September 24, 2011

One month down, three to go

I've completed my first month here in Costa Rica and have to say I am loving it!  I finished my first language class yesterday and am ready for the next one.  My language professor Cynthia is super nice and I love having class with her.  I've made friends with a large group of people from my program and some Costa Ricans as well.  It's pretty easy to figure out the bus system and travel on the weekends.  Last weekend we went to Manuel Antonio and it was absolutely beautiful.  You can see pictures in my last post of the beach we went to; and one of the hostels we stayed at.  Hostels cost around ten dollars per night so we can travel cheap.  The forests and the beach were so scenic that they made me feel like I was in the movie Avatar.  I also met my Tico friend through the program that matches you up with a local Tico.  Her name is Pamela and she is very nice and smart too.  She speaks english really well and we meet once a week to talk and help build our verbal communication skills.  Check back for more posts and more pictures later this week.  Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment